If you are more than one developer on the same BizTalk Server 2009 you might have noticed that there can be some deployment issues where you looses configuration that you or some other in your team already have done. Over time I have experienced the following issues from time to time:

  • One of the parties that I had enlisted on a rolelink where missing 
  • The pipeline on a receive location where changed from XMLReceive to PassThrough
  • I couldn’t deploy an assembly before I deleted a receive port. I got an error telling me that the transport type wasn’t set on a receive location. But when I checked the configuration the transport type where set correctly.
The last one got me searching for why BizTalk does as it does.
I can’t give you a reason why this happens, but I can give you a location that contains the binding files that BizTalk uses behind your back. The location is: 
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\Deployment\BindingFiles
“Roaming” could also be something else based on how you logon to your server. I haven’t gotten the issue on BizTalk Server 2010 yet, but that might be related to that I haven’t work with another user on the same server with the same BizTalk artifacts or related artifacts. But I can see that it creates the same binding files as in BizTalk Server 2009, so my guess is that the same issue is also here in BizTalk Server 2010.
A common deployment procedure like using the Powershell privider for BizTalk would fix this issue, but I haven’t gotten around to confirm this part.