MS have been busy in this space and we’ve now got the following (or soon will have
- BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Evaluation Edition
- BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Branch Edition
- BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Developer Edition
- BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Standard Edition
- BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Enterprise Edition
Most are pretty self explanitory except for the Branch Edition (BE) –
for those of you that remember the BTS Partner Edition (phased out
with the introduction of BTS2006), BE is comparable with it.
There are some restrictions on this though (as currently determined by the powers
– the BE must connected to Enterprise Edition.
– two or more BE’s can’t talk directly to each other,
must go through a Enterprise Edition
There’s a document available that discusses upgrading to BTS06R2 – it’s still a work
in progress but it’s a good start –
In particular there is a great image that gives a good outline of the dependencies
(taken from the document):
Food for thought folks – there’s some very exciting times ahead.