Recently I have been working a lot with BizUnit 2.0 (Available on GotDotNet). This framework provides an easy and customizable way to unit test your end to end BizTalk solutions. I’ll not get into details about BizUnit right now since this post is focused on Visual Studios 2005 Code Snippets.
Young Jun has developed a set of code snippets for BizUnit 2.0 for use with Visual Studios 2005. Although not all the BizUnit tasks are included, it is a huge time saver when building unit test files.
The only problem I had was how to install the snippets. I found it a little tricky so here are the steps I went through.
1. Download the code snippets.
2. Unzip them to a folder, in my case C:\BizUnit
3. Open Visual Studios and locate the Code Snippets Manager under Tools.
4. If you do not see it listed, you will need to go to Customize under Tools, look under Commands, Tools, and move the command to the Tools menu.
5. Change the Language to XML
6. Select the Add button and select the folder with your snippet (in my case C:\BizUnit)
7. Click OK.
8. You are all set. Now when you open an Xml document inside Visual Studios you will see the BizTalk Snippets available
More to come on BizUnit in later posts.