With the ESB Toolkit you use Resolvers to dynamically set maps and endpoints and you get several Resolvers out of the box. The BizTalk ESB Toolkit includes the following resolvers: STATIC, UDDI, UDDI3, XPATH, BRE, BRI, ITINERARY, ITINERARY-STATIC and LDAP. When you set an endpoint in an Itinerary with the STATIC Resolver you are able to reuse Orchestration Services and Messaging Services (pipeline components) to call other web services but it’s also not ideal to store an endpoint in an itinerary because often you have other web services in your development environment than in test, acceptance and production. In that case you have to create different itineraries for all environments. In larger environments where you have a lot of services you want to have a repository to store and manage the web services. Microsoft created UDDI for that but it’s not commonly used because it’s quite complex. Microsoft partner, Nevatech offers Sentinet software product that provides SOA implementations with design-time governance and runtime management. Combined with the free Sentinet BizTalk Server Extensions you can also use it in combination with the ESB Toolkit.
Sentinet SOA Repository Resolver benefits
Sentinet Resolver extends ESB Toolkit capabilities by offering:
- Comprehensive SOA Repository.
- Ease of registering physical services.
- Comprehensive and yet simple to use Sentinet Administrative Console (browser-based Repository portal).
- Management and configuration of the endpoint behaviors for the resolved endpoints.
- Sentinet Resolver that can be configured with variety of human readable endpoint search criteria.
- Guarantee of unique resolution results.
- Advanced Resolver Testing capabilities.
The High-level diagram below shows where the Sentinet Resolver fit in the ESB Toolkit architecture.
For more information on how to install and use Sentinet BizTalk Server Extensions see: