BizTalk Server 2020 – 20 days, 20 posts – day 7. And for this post, I choose a crucial piece for BizTalk developers: How to install BizTalk Server Visual Studio Project Template.
On previous versions of BizTalk Server and Visual Studio, when we were installing BizTalk Server, it would detect that we had Visual Studio present and the BizTalk Server installation process will also install on our machines all the Visual Studio Templates necessary for us to build our BizTalk Server solutions.
BizTalk Server development tools are an integrated development
environment for BizTalk Server application development and testing, which
- BizTalk project template, templates, and tools for schema, orchestration, pipeline, map development, and test.
- BizTalk server application project template for automatic deployment and application lifecycle management (ALM) experience.
- WCF LOB Adapter SDK for developers who need to integrate dynamic and complex line-of-business systems as part of an enterprise application integration effort.
And you can get it in two ways:
- Access to the Visual Studio Marketplace: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/.
- Search for BizTalk Server and download the BizTalk Server development tools provided by Microsoft.
Or directly thru Visual Studio:
- Open Visual Studio and use the Manage
Extensions dialog box to install and manage Visual Studio extensions.
- To open the Manage
Extensions dialog, choose Extensions à Manage Extensions. Or, type Extensions in the search box and choose Manage
- On the Search, type BizTalk
Server and chose to download the BizTalk Server development tools
provided by Microsoft.
- It will automatically download
and install these components.
- To finalize you need to close
all Microsoft Visual Studio windows that are open. And next time you will open
Visual Studio, the BizTalk Server project template will be available for you to
start developing your solutions.