I was doing some BizTalk installations this weekend with BizTalk Server 2013 on Windows Server 2012 VM’s.
I have done this before without any issues but in each case I already had Visual Studios 2012 installed on the server.
This time I was doing a Runtime Only installation. I received an error when trying to install the Enterprise Single Sign-on component.
The error I received was: The program can’t start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
Followed by: The following platform components failed to install and will need to be manually installed before setup can proceed: Enterprise Single Sign-On Server. Unspecified error.
The error is saying it is missing the C++ Runtime components (probably why I did not see this error when I already had Visual Studios installed). After trial and error, it seems that it is only missing the 32-bit C++ Runtime. It seems that this does not get installed with the BizTalk CAB file.
The fix is simple, just download the 32-bit C++ Runtime and re-run the installation of BizTalk. You can find them here. If you still have issues, ensure you have the 64-bit version installed as well. That can be found here.
The BizTalk 2013 Hardware and Software Requirements states that this is a requirement to install BizTalk Server 2013. I did not even think to look at the Software List until I ran into issues with some else. The documentation says:
“Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package: On an x86 computer, install only the x86 version of the package. On an x64 computer, install both x86 and x64 versions of the package. The installer is available as part of the BizTalk Server installation media under \Platform\SSO\Platform.”
Hope this helps.
I had the same issue but had to still manually install sso after the redist same folder
This was really helpful! I had the same problem, though without VS installed. Initially a scripted installation, but with a manual installation I got some more errors leading me to this :-) Installed the package and voila, scripted worked perfectly. Thanks!