New to forum, so firstly hello forum!
Wonder if any help out there for this odd
Deployment of application msi fails into BizTalk 2013 prod
environment, fails when deploying the project dll that contains all the
orchestrations, and reports a failure to apply early bindings. The only
early bindings in this project are dynamic send ports. I cannot recreate
the problem in in my QAS environment where deployments of the same msi works
The dynamic ports use a pipeline including a custom pipeline
component which I can confirm is available in the correct directory
No specific further detail is available in the error except.
Wizard[09/05/2014 08:20:47]: Error in Importing Application
Wizard[09/05/2014 08:20:47]: Change requests failed for some resources.
failed to complete end type change request.
to deploy early bindings.
to update binding information.
Error in the application.
Other information that may be relevant:
I’m a bit stuck at what to try now, I
have option where I could recreate the dynamic ports from scratch in the
orchestrations and redeploy to dev in the hope it’s something that VS2012
didn’t handle too gracefully when converting the project. I could move the functionality into a helper
class and forget about using dynamic sends, rather not go down that route.
Since writing this up, I have removed dyn ports from one app, and successfully deployed - that not an approach I want to follow but it will get me around a few pressing deadlines. I have also created a test app in VS 2012 and included a dyn smtp send, and this also displays the problem so I'm confident it is not a obvious migration problem between VS2010 & VS2012. Having reviewed the adapter handlers I can't see any difference between prod and qa in terms of which hosts instances are configured to receive/send for each.
Any comments and ideas for further investigation are most welcome.
That didn't sort it but thanks for the input.
For any other casual readers, i did get to the bottom of it and it was SQL permissions missing from the default roles needed to access the new tables in support of the changes to dynamic port functionality. I believe this is resolved in a CU1 although I had the DBA make the permission changes before I found this official fix.
I'm doing some testing on a new sandbox this week, and will come back and confirm if the cu1 also sorts out the permissions.
the differences in behavior I experienced were to do with elevated permissions remaining on my SQL access in the UAT. That confused matters, but once that was understood it was fairly straightforward to find the problems.
Just try restarting the SSO service on both of the prod node and try again