This is my first post. I have been working in BizTalk for short period. I have got a new requirement (EDI 270 & 271)for which i wanted some ideas and opinions as well. I have given the work flow down below, Please let me know if this possible in BizTalk and how it can accomplished with a single and continous work flow. It is kind of urgent requirement, based on the proof of concept only they will approve the CR.
- Client application will be a sending a EDI file through HTTP POST (can HTTP adapter can be used in the receive pipeline?)
- file will be a xml content with header, user account details and the EDI 270 file content.
- need to parse the xml data and first authenticate the user based on the credentials posted (not sure how it can be accomplished, can it be done with a custom pipeline ? then how would i store the header and user credentials)
- If the authentication fails then i need to send a http response with unauthorized code(401). (do i need to have a seperate step in orchestration for authentication ?)
- If the authentication passes, then i need to validate the 270 source file with the 270 EDI schema. If the file is not correct format, i need to generate a 999 and send the 999 acknowledgment through send pipeline using HTTP adapter. client application will be waiting for HTTPGET to receive the ack.. file
- If the file is valid format then create a 271 response file and send it back to the client application using the same HTTP adapter as a HTTPGET.
I know its a big CR, thought of getting everyone's opinion on this which would point me to start in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.
Forgot to add the bizTalk version, we are using BizTalk 2009 for other EDI process. But i can mention 2010 if it can be done effectively in BizTalk 2010.
Anyday BizTalk 2010 would be better.
Go through these tutorials first. It will clear things about how EDI works in BizTalk world.
You can read more here.
Answers are below
1. Yes BizTalk supports any Adapter to receive EDI files as EDI Validations/conversions are now handled at Pipeline level.
3. Credentials can be validated inside the Orchestration.
If you want full control over the message then its good to get it into the Orchestration.
You can use Request-Response HTTP Receive Port. So the source will be waiting for a response.
Regards,NISHIL MCT,MCTS | Freelance BizTalk Consultant.biztalkconnect.blogspot.com